Saturday, January 2, 2010

Summary

We are starting this blog to help keep the people who love Nicole updated on her progress. We will try to post daily updates. Here is a brief summary of what has happened so far.

Nicole had a bad flu that she was fighting for weeks. Unfortunately, complications arose and she was admitted to the hospital on Sunday, December 27th. She was diagnosed with double pneumonia and was eventually put on a ventilator. Her status is critical, but stable.

The concern right now is some fluid outside of her left lung that is infected. They tried draining the fluid and allowing her body to take care of the rest, but that has not worked so today Nicole will have surgery to clear out that cavity.

5 comments:

  1. Our prayers are being said for Nicole and Ben and kids. Thanks for setting up this blog so we can know how she is doing.
    With love,
    Gail Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, Stan and I are praying for you, please know how much you are missed and loved!
    Stan & Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found out about Nicole a few days ago. I just want everyone to know that I am praying for a complete recovery. God is the one who created her and He is ever so able to completly restore her. Please let her know that we are praying. We love you Nicole!!! Remember that God has everyday planned for you and it is His will for you to prosper and be in health. Hugs Irma Reed

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear things are slowly getting better, even though you are not out of the woods yet. You are in our prayers daily. I can't imagine seeing you laying there, when you are so full of spunk. Take care and God Bless... much love and Aloha

    Mona Kealoha and family

    ReplyDelete