So for today's entry my mom handed the reigns over to me. I broke out of the hospital yesterday and am now residing on my grandma and grandpa Jones' couch. The kids have been staying here and now so am I. Ben spends the night here with me but has finally left my side during the day. From what I hear he was pretty much glued to my bedside for the duration of my stay.
Today's big mention of note is today is the day that I could take off the bandaging from the chest tubes and SHOWER!!!! A real shower, no sponge bath. Hot falling, cascading water. It felt so nice. But it was also the most exhausting shower I've ever taken. I'm looking forward to the next shower being a little less tiring, and a little more rejuvenating. It's the simple things like showers that you really start to miss out on after a week or two of going with out.
As a side note, under the bandaging, we uncovered some pretty gnarly wounds from the chest tubes. They're healing but they're not pretty.
Oh Cole you are out and blogging!! That is great news!! Sounds like you are on your way to recovery. I miss you and hope you get better soon, someone needs to run the Shipyard! Love you.
ReplyDeleteSam
I hope your next shower is more relaxing, too. I also hope that those things heal so you can start to enjoy your baths again! =)
ReplyDelete:-) Consider those wounds beauty marks. They represent what helped you get better.Don't worry, they'll fade with time. Everything will feel a little exhausting for a while but it will continue to get easier. Did you finally get to shave your legs too? :-))))
ReplyDeletei am pulling for you, nicole--
ReplyDeleteyou are a fighter, i know that--i've known that for a while :)
i hope you are feeling better and making progress every day--
is there anything i can do from afar?
You will be wearing those pink and black heels in no time!!! Let that be one of your goals.... Shoes always work!! Well, I think you might have better goals right now, like standing up straight and being able to take in a deep breath. Had both my lungs collaps while in the hospital after a surgery, so I know a LOT of what you are going through at this point. Take care my sweet friend.
ReplyDeleteYay! Your home! Keep getting better :) Tell your grandparents & parents I say hello! Jennilee & I were worried from afar & it's so nice to hear you're recovering quickly :)
ReplyDelete