Great News!!!! Nicole's pulmonary doctor has been by and says she can go home today. Now we just need her internist and thoracic surgeon to agree. It won't likely be until this afternoon, but from the same doctor telling us needed to decide how we wanted the kids to remember their mom, to recommending her release, is huge. What a swing in two weeks. One of her internists reviewed her record before entering the room, and was afraid to open the door because he was afraid of what he would find. Once he came in he couldn't believe she had come so far so fast. He final assessment, Nicole had a head on collision with a truck and the truck lost.
Our plan is to have Nicole and Ben join their kids at Nicole's grandparents. They are home during the day, which will let Ben go back to work.
It's a fluid situation, the internist just came by, and agrees to the release. One more doctor! Then of course removing her PIC line and gathering the beautiful cards, pictures, balloons, knick knacks and snacks.
This is absolutely INCREDIBLE news! I cannot believe it went from near-death, to no shorter than a month in the hospital, to her release today, less than 2 weeks later! Amazing. I tell ya, the power of prayer and fasting TRULY works!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that is AWESOME! Let us know if you need anything!
ReplyDeleteDavid said he couldn't believe the difference yesterday just from when we were there last Wednesday. I am so happy for your family!
ReplyDeleteNicole,
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you can't wait to get out of there and back home. Take it easy and don't try to do too much too fast.
All the best,
John Portanova
Yeah!!!
ReplyDeleteThat is all I have to say.
I will say it again.
Yeah!!!
I am so relieved that she was able to go home! If only myself and my parents hadn't gone to the hospital to see her to find that out :) A quick text from Ben would have been cool, but I guess you have had alot on your mind don't you little bro.
ReplyDeleteBy the time you see this post, you may be home. That is sooo wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteCrazy question....how much weight do you think you lost? Ohhh can you have fun eating anything that fits your fancy! :-)
I'm sure your little ones will not want to leave your side for a good while.
I'm so happy for you and all of your family. You gave us all quite a scare!!
Love & prayers continue.
:-) Ann B from work
Yeah! That is so exciting! I am glad to hear that she is going home. She will continue to be in my prayers!!!
ReplyDeleteNew lease on life Nicole!!! God said that He still has a plan for you to be here. Go out there and see what awesome things God has for you. Pick up the pieces and take each day as a gift from Him. Live as if everyday is your last. Make a difference! We are so excited that you are doing better!!! I'm giving a shout out for you!!! Love you!
ReplyDelete