Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday, January 9

Nicole is up and walking in her room, well, really just from her bed, to the restroom, then to her sink and back to bed, but hey its progress. Yesterday she took the big walk from her bed out the door to the fire extinguisher, a total of about 40 feet. Last night she spiked another fever, and her liver tests show increased function (actually too much), so another ultra sound is ordered and she is up to four antibiotics. I really do not like sideways steps. I guess it comes from the mantra "know the plan, plan the plan, execute the plan." I hear some of you laughing right about now.

Her spirits continue to rise. Harrison continues to struggle with responding to Dr orders on the weekends, frustrating her dad. He feels the need to manage the entire hospital, a long story about staffing levels and pull systems for patient needs.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the updates, Penny. Tell Nicole that we are thinking of her, and we're so glad that she's making progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear all that she is doing...you are all on our minds still and in all our prayers...I hope the 4th floor waiting room is bigger for you....Love, The Gribbin Family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that she is walking around a little bit. I hope all is well with the other tests. I look forward to seeing Nicole and the Family soon. Good luck with your recovery.

    The Lilly Family

    ReplyDelete